David Heras, your Psychotherapist and counsellor in Barcelona
Hi, I am David Heras Sopena, a Licensed Clinical Psychologist (Psicòleg General Sanitari), Psychotherapist and counsellor, who provides integrative psychological treatments and who has specialized in John Bowlby’s Attachment Theory. I offer psychotherapy services to adults, to children and teenagers and their families, but also to couples.
After a degree in psychology, mostly cognitive behavioral-based, I decided to broaden my training in other approaches of psychotherapy and obtained a certification as a humanistic psychotherapist by FEAP (Spanish Federation of Associations of Psychotherapists).
Also, while studying to become a qualified psychologist with a master’s degree in Clinical Psychology, I wrote the final paper on John Bowlby’s Attachment Theory, delving into both a theoretical and practical perspective in the treatment of trauma in adults. I complemented these studies with the training on EMDR for the treatment of trauma.
After finishing this master’s degree, I decided to go even deeper into Attachment Theory, expanding my study and application to childhood, adolescence, and families, studying the Expert in Children Integrative Psychotherapy course.
My professional experience as a psychologist has been developed in my own private practice. In addition, for several years I collaborated in “CHMC – El Centre de Cornellà”, where a psychoanalytic approach is used. During the years of psychotherapy training and practice, I have assisted and continue to assist adults, children, and adolescents, as well as families and couples.
Thanks to my language skills, I offer counseling not only in Catalan and Spanish but also in English.
Education and licenses:
- Licensed Psychologist with license number 25,146.
- Master in Clinical Psychology at the UdG (University of Girona). Final Master’s Thesis on the treatment of trauma in adults, according to an intervention based on Attachment Theory.
- Licensed Humanistic Psychotherapist by the FEAP (Spanish Federation of Associations of Psychotherapists).
- Training, clinical internship, and collaboration as a psychologist in “CHMC – El Centre de Cornellà”, where a psychoanalytic approach is applied.
- Expert in Children Integrative Psychotherapy course at NB Integral Psychology – Spanish Institute of Integrative Psychotherapy, which is based upon the Attachment Theory.
- EMDR training for the treatment of trauma.
- Meditation at AZI (International Zen Association).
This is an overview of my certifications and studies, you can view my full psychologist resume on LinkedIn.