David Heras, your Psychotherapist and counsellor in Barcelona
Hi, I am David Heras Sopena, a Licensed Clinical Psychologist (Psicòleg General Sanitari), Psychotherapist and counsellor, who provides integrative psychological treatments and who has specialized in John Bowlby’s Attachment Theory, a science based approach. I offer psychotherapy services to adults, to teenagers and their families, but also to couples.
Education and licenses:
- Licensed Psychologist with license number 25,146.
- Member of the ACPP (Catalan Association of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy).
- Member of the IAN – UK (International Attachment Network – United Kingdom).
- Licensed Psychotherapist by the FEAP (Spanish Federation of Associations of Psychotherapists).
- Master in Clinical Psychology at the UdG (University of Girona). Final Master’s Thesis on the treatment of trauma in adults, according to an intervention based on Attachment Theory.
- Currently studying the Master in Perfectioning on Pyschoanalitical Psychotherapy at the Catalan Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy.
- Mentalization-Based Training (MBT) for the treatment of the Borderline Personality Disorder, by the Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families.
- Update course on John Bowlby’s Attachment Theory by Psimática (authorized by the International Attachment Network):
- Attachment and Early Trauma: Intervention based upon the bonding.
- Attachment Disorders throughout the Life Span.
- The Evaluation of Attachment.
- Personalitay Disorders: An Evolutionary approach based on Attachment.
- Relational Trauma from a Bonding and Narrative based perspective.
- EMDR (certified by EMDR Europe):
- Levels 1 and 2
- Advanced Training in Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and on Eating Disorders.
- Training, clinical internship, and collaboration as a psychologist in “CHMC – El Centre de Cornellà”, where a psychoanalytic approach is applied.
- Course on Complex Trauma and Dissociation: Theory, diagnose and stabilization (Institute Newman).
- Streaming online courses on the “Parcuve” method, which combines neurobiology and attachment in order to understand and treat a variety psychopathological disorders.
- Meditation at AZI (International Zen Association).
This is an overview of my certifications and studies, you can view my full psychologist resume on LinkedIn.