Adolescence is a time in which individual identity is defined. A complex moment of leaving childhood behind to walk into adulthood, and which is often experienced with insecurity, anxiety or difficulty, making it advisable for a therapeutic intervention to take place.
Difficulties teenagers can experience and may be addressed include:
- Self-esteem problems.
- Relationships difficulties.
- Confusion about one’s own identity.
- Relational difficulties with colleagues or siblings.
- Relational difficulties with parents.
- Emotional difficulties that affect learning or school performance.
- Behavioral disorders.
- Fears and phobias.
- Gender issues.
- Emotional support in grieving processes, such as the separation of parents.
- Autism spectrum disorders (ASD).
- Obsessive-compulsive Disorder (OCD).
- Complex Trauma.
- Attention deficit disorder with or without hyperactivity (ADD and ADDH).
Therapy for teenagers includes two kinds of sessions, the ones with the parents and the ones with the teenager. The first session is parents only. The following are to be carried out with the teenager only. On the other hand, follow up parent sessions will need to be done periodically. The cost of each session is € 60. Therapy is offered in English, Catalan and Spanish. Both in person and online sessions are offered.