Childhood is the vital stage in which the future adult is built. That is why it is a particularly delicate stage of life, as it will mark the whole development of each individual as well as the different areas of adult life. Child therapy (for children up to 12 years old) is developed through play, drawing, and word.
Difficulties children can experience and may be addressed include:
- Self-esteem problems.
- Behavioral disorders.
- Childish fears.
- Relational difficulties (with classmates or siblings)
- Emotional difficulties that affect learning and school performance.
- Emotional support in grieving processes, such as the separation of parents.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD).
- Obsessive-compulsive Disorder (OCD).
- Complex Trauma.
- Attention deficit disorder with or without hyperactivity (ADD and ADDH).
Child therapy includes two kinds of sessions, the ones with the parents and the ones with the child. The first session is parents only. The following are to be carried out with the child only. On the other hand, follow up parent sessions will need to be done periodically. The cost of each session is € 60. Therapy is offered in English, Catalan and Spanish. Both in person and online sessions are offered.